Full-Time Position for IMMEDIATE HIRE
Skilled Maintenance Technician
Why Work Here?
Blackstone Group Leasing and Management is a fast-growing property management company in RI. We are a results-driven, innovative, and team-oriented company looking for a like-minded person to join our dynamic team. Blackstone Group Leasing and Management is an equal opportunity employer that encourages personal and professional development. We offer competitive salaries, bonuses, and recognition programs.
As a Skilled Maintenance Technician, you will be required to perform a variety of property maintenance services in the Providence area and beyond. Maintenance Technicians respond to work orders generated by our maintenance contact centers including emergency and preventative maintenance requests and unit turnovers.
The ideal candidate meets the following:
• Complete work and repair orders in a timely fashion
• Estimate time and extent of repairs
• Diagnose problems related to electrical, plumbing and heating
• Ability to communicate with the office regularly on the status of work projects
• Comfortable tracking and documenting work remotely using a cell phone and/or tablets
• Can work on-call nights and weekends (on a rotational basis)
• Good attitude, excellent customer service skills, and enjoys problem-solving
• Availability for on-call rotation evenings and weekends
• Experience in maintenance or other related fields
• General understanding of electrical, plumbing and heating systems and the ability to troubleshoot problems independently
• Comfortable performing facility repairs including door, window repair, light carpentry/drywall, painting
• Able to handle a physical work-load
• Has own tools and transportation
Compensation: 40 hours per week, pay depending on experience, company uniform, and gas reimbursement.
Blackstone employee benefits include:
- Paid Vacation
- Sick/Personal Days Off
- Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance with company contribution (after 90-days)
- Gas reimbursement
Employment: full time
Are You Interested In Learning Trade Skills?
We invite all students age 16+ for recruitment appointments to discuss internship and job opportunities with Blackstone.
We are looking for individuals interested to learn trade skills, with a "can-do attitude" .
Founded in 2016, Blackstone Group Leasing & Management has become one of the leading property management companies in the area. We manage over 1500 rental properties in Rhode Island and SE Massachusetts.
Our maintenance technicians work in the field and respond to maintenance requests submitted by tenants living in rental units.
A maintenance technician performs all aspects of property maintenance, including preventative, corrective, deferred, and emergency maintenance.
There is a leak in the apartment, the hot water stopped working, the stove stopped working, the doors need to be replaced or stairs need to be fixed.....these are the type of maintenance requests or work orders forms a maintenance technician will manage and repair.
Field: Property Maintenance / Property Management
Location: 15 Circle St, Rumford RI 02806
Our company manages over 1500 rental units in RI and SE Massachusetts. As part of your internship, you will be traveling to different areas in RI and SE MA with a skilled maintenance technician, to address maintenance requests at different properties
What Skills Will You Learn?
- General Maintenance Skills
- Working with Power Tools
- HVAC Repairs
- Carpentry skills
- Compound, Sanding, Painting Skills
- Basic Electrical Skills
- Basic Plumbing
Paid Internship and Career Advancement
This is a paid internship. The hourly rate is $14/hour
Hours and Schedule: Minimum 10hrs/week
Hours are flexible based on the individual's situation
Career Advancement and Tool Buying Incentive
At our company, we believe in career advancement and offer a tool program incentive to help interns and maintenance technicians reach their goals. The program is designed to provide financial assistance for employees who are attending courses or taking certification exams that will help them move up within the company. We believe that this investment in our employees will pay off in the form of a more motivated and qualified workforce.
We also offer a Tool Buying Incentive to help our employees with the costs of acquiring new tools without being a financial burden.
By investing in our company employees, we invest in the future of our company.